Hair Matters

When it comes to my hair, I always play safe. Hair check! Last time I had my hair really short? Hmmm, when I was in elementary school! I think I was in second grade? I don't remember if it was my grandmother or my mother who decided that I should have my hair cut short. I was just a little kid so I had no choice but to oblige. I obviously did not like how it turned out. It was actually because of that experience that I don't ever want to make a dramatic change to my hair. I remember how some of my classmates made a not so good comment with my then new haircut. THE hair can actually make you (feel) really ugly or pretty. So hair matters, right? RIGHT???

See, it's always in (almost) the same length. Straight. The only difference I actually make is the fringe. I either have it pulled back, full, side swept or none at all! And my face is asymmetrical (plus big) so yeah. I really don't have that much choice. I don't have the face which is flattering to short hair or any other more exciting looking hair style.

My natural hair is really wavy. And not the wavy-sexy kind of hair. More like the wavy hair you don't want to have. It can be so unmanageable and stubborn sometimes! You girls with pretty hair (be it curly, wavy, straight) are so lucky. When hair  relaxing/rebonding were introduced, I was so happy. Finally, straight hair! Lol. But you know, the chemicals used in those procedures tend to damage the hair. So yeah, my hair is not healthy. lol. And I had it dyed, too and it is also exposed to heat almost everytime I go out because of flat iron. Yeah, you can just imagine how damaged it is. Sooooo, to make it up with my damaged hair, I make sure to get protein treatment every month! 

Although I want my hair straight, there are times when I want it curled. Pretty curls always make me feel girlier and (excuse the word) prettier. HAHA! The problem is, aside from the fact that it exposes my hair to heat, the curls usually wear off easily. It doesn't last very long. :/ The only solution that I could think of is using a hair spray. I have it but I want something, uhm, milder. Then, I found this!

This Japanese brand, Lucido-L Hair Make Supplement Styling Milk (Curl), claims that it can protect the hair from the heat when curling the hair and can actually maintain the style for a longer time. I like the smell and it isn't sticky! I really hope that it can hold the curls longer. I tried curling my hair on the night that I bought this product and I like how it turned out. It looked prettier when I used this Styling Milk. When I curled my hair before, it did not look as pretty or healthy. I guess the styling milk does make a difference.
Close Up Shot of my curled damaged hair! :PP

So, I did not really go anywhere after I used my Styling Milk. I just combed it to give it more volume and then slept.  HAHA! But I really like how it turned out. After more than 8 hours, it was still looking great! I did hold the curls longer, but then again, I was just at home the whole time. I will update you guys when I curl my hair again and go out! 

What about you girls? Do you want your hair straight or curled? With fringe or without fringe? Is your hair problematic like mine? ;))

Comments

WOW! I llove your hair colors dear <3
gusto ko rin sana e try mag lagay ng hair color kaya lng di pwede sa skul namin..tsk3x

mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com
AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said…
I envy people with long hair nowadays. Mine is just blah!:)) haha! I can't wait till it grows back. :) Love yours!
Anonymous said…
So beautiful!<3
Jenniya said…
i just chopped my hair 3 inches shorter. I love it rebonded, too. You have a nice long hair by the way. :)
Jenniya said…
Hey dear. I followed you back. See you around. :)
Janet said…
love your curls! ^_~
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Christine! I started coloring my hair when I finished college. :) Soon, you'll get that freedom too. :)
Ysh ♥ said…
I think your hair is in what I called the awkward lenght! Haha. Thank you, Ava!
Unknown said…
Omg!!! you are so funny, i was just laughing cause this is the same way i complain about my head lol, sometimes you think any kin of style dont fit, that's not true, i use to stick on fringe so much that my uni friends thought i was hiding something underneath, until one day i had a total different style everyone kept on saying i looked different better and prettier lol, now i dont do fringe that much but i started with a side parting style hehe.... This product is so amazing, the after picture is brilliant <333 it.
Unknown said…
My hair is really straight and I always want pretty curls. I'm soooo lazy though, most of the time I just let it dry and then brush it out later. I have been trying some tactics for putting it up while it's wet and then letting it dry into curls, but it takes so much longer! Ahhhhh I need to stop being so damn lazy haha.

Would you like to follow each other?

xx
Sophisticated Lace
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Mona!:)
Ysh ♥ said…
Im thinking of having my hair trimmed, but still waiting for it to grow a little bit longer.

I wish my hair really looks this nice. Bit thanks, Jenniya!;)
Ysh ♥ said…
Yay! Thanks. See ya!
Ysh ♥ said…
I love it too! Thanks!
hazel said…
i'm hating my hair right now.. pina-cold wave treatment ko tapos it didn't turn out the way i like it :( your hair is soooo much better than mine! :P
Jenn said…
I have hair issues, too! I have super curly and kinky hair na as in nakakatakot! This is why I rebond my hair once a year. I also die it because I just feel like changing my hair color once in a while. My hair is quite dry and damaged but I don't use any other products aside from shampoo, conditioner, and weekly hair mask because I am allergic to most hair products. I just use what works for me best. Syoss is actually a really nice product. even if I have damaged hair, it managed to bring health back to my hair! It made my hair really soft and shiny and just healthy! :)

Jenn
The Pink Lemonade Girl
Win a Free Pair of Glasses
Unknown said…
My hair is naturally curly... So I guess I would definitely need this product. :P


www.officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com
Rhania E. said…
hi dear =) thank you sa comment =) pero mukang mtatalo na ako =) mahirap pala kalaban sa padamihan ng like kapag teacher hehehe
Style-Delights said…
Beautiful hair styles! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
-Jyoti
Style Delights Blog
Steph-G said…
OMG!! i need to try this out, the curls looks really nice :D

http://steph-g.blogspot.com/
So pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

xoxo Jamie
www.bnjsefcik.blogspot.com
Sandra Martinez said…
Hi sweety!! Thanks for stopping by, I heartily appreciate it :)
Beautiful pictures, i specially like your hair !! Need to say that this is an amazing post!!
Tell me about my new post at:
http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Kim! I really have this issue sith my face. Lol. I guess Im just not ready and I dont have the guts to veer away from my current and forever hairstyle! :))
Ysh ♥ said…
Hey! I love straight hair but it can get boring sometime, yeah? Thank goodness for curling irons/flat irons. That only thing we need to achieve the hairstyle that want at the moment is the patience and drive to crul our hair. And just like you, most of the time, I feel so lazy to curl my hair hahaha. So that's a problem. ;)

I'll check out your blog. Thanks!
Ysh ♥ said…
Aww Hazel. Us girls and our hair issues. Lol

Thanks!!!:)
Ysh ♥ said…
Oh, our pretty damaged hair. :/ I will read about Syoss! My hair needs that for sure" Thanks Jenn!
Ysh ♥ said…
Thanks for droppinv by, Samantha!
Ysh ♥ said…
Aww. Too bad. There's always a next time! :)
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Clara!
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Jyoti!:)
Ysh ♥ said…
You should! Tanks, Steph!
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank YOU for reading, Jamie!
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Sandra!
Unknown said…
oh wow Ish, i didn't know your natural hair is wavy, i wouldn't have guessed it! =D your hair looks so thick and silky when straight, looks really gorgeous! and awwh, you look really cute with full bangs! :) you should try Macadamia Deep Repair Masque (free international shipping from www.asos.com), it works miracle for hard to manage hair :)

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed