Lips Are Sealed

Lately, I have been playing with the make up that I have. And also, I've been watching make up gurus once again. I started watching make up tutorials when Michelle Phan was just starting to get famous. You know, when she used to film in her room and with her then signature background music and very calm voice. I still love her, it's just that, since I went back watching make up tutorials few months back, I noticed how she changed! In a good way, of course. I am so happy for her! Anyway, enough of Michelle and back to me and my make up. lol. I do not have so much, but I think I have a lot for someone who claims that she's not into make up! Especially lipsticks.

So the main reason why I went back to watching Michelle Phan and started watching other gurus is because of the stuff that my Aunt gave me. I do not want to put those make up into waste, so I thought, why not give it a try! Ha! I started to really use make up in college, but it had to be minimal or else, Sister Florence would get mad. :P

Back then up until few months back, I was just the face powder, blush, lipstick, mascara and liquid liner type of girl. Well, when BB Cream became such a hit, I hopped into the bandwagon and had my first purchase 2 years ago, I think.  Right now, when I feel like wearing make up, I actually make an effort to use face primer, eyelid primer, concealer and I try to do my brows! I'm still learning! HAHA! 
Covergirl's Heavenly Paradisque, NYX Matte in Nude & Indie Flick, Ever Bilena's Storm and Pink Flame, 4U2 (I forgot the shades, the print faded  already!) and MAC Plumful
Ahhhh. I actually just want to blog about how I think I have too many lipsticks but there I go and blahb about me being such a noob. So, anyway, I really think I have too much lipstick. I already gave away some and disposed some and there are still a lot left. So, I've been trying to use everything! Heehee! 
Covergirl's Heavenly Paradisque, NYX Matte in Nude & Indie Flick, Ever Bilena's Storm and Pink Flame, 4U2 (I forgot the shades, the print faded  already!) and MAC Plumful
Covergirl's Heavenly Paradisque, NYX Matte in Nude & Indie Flick, Ever Bilena's Storm and Pink Flame, 4U2 (I forgot the shades, the print faded  already!) and MAC Plumful
I also have these two new lipsticks. When I first learned that I'd be receiving lipsticks again, I was hoping that it'd be matte. I didn't really like Plumful. :/ I was giddy when I saw that I got Kinda Sexy and Ruby Woo! Ha! When I took the photos, I did not swatch the new lipsticks because I was still thinking if I'd sell or use them! Lol. Buuuuut, yes, I decided to keep them!

Kinda Sexy & Ruby Woo
KINDA SEXY: WITH flash & WITHOUT flash
Sorry for my droopy eyes. T guess the flash was too much for my eyes too see :)). I just realized that I do not really take photos of me right after I put on my make up. I had no choice but use these two photos because I know that I just reapplied my lipstick when these were taken. Ha!

And on a liptstick unrelated note, I do not like how my face powder looks like when flash is being used. I am using Revlon Photoready Face Powder and I do not like how it looks kinda shimmery. I'm a matte kind of girl. In natural light and no flash photos, it looks okay, but with flash, uhm, I really do not like it. :( Suggestions? Okay. Let me know on the comments section. Back to the liptstick!

RUBY WOO
I am so sorry, I do not have a high resolution photo of me wearing Ruby Woo! HAHA! These were taken using an iPAD. But yeah. That is how it looks on me. I love both shades. But since it's summer, I use Kinda Sexy more!


These two are my current lip savers. My lips are always chapped so I definitely need these two in my life. It's my first time to use the Dragonfruit Lip Butter from The Body Shop. I like the smell and it really moisturizes my lips, but I don't like how it looks frosty on my lips. I've been using Born Lippy since first year college and then I decided to try out this  :/ I guess I should've stayed using Raspberry Born Lippy. This is what I get for switching just because this one smells better than Raspberry!




Comments

Unknown said…
Everyone looks good in Ruby Woo! You look great.
hazel said…
I love the Kinda Sexy on you!! :D
Rhania E. said…
hi dear thank you for the comment.. yes dear satisfied naman ako =) pero i would recommend Nichido in chestnut =)
Rhania E. said…
i would like to follow your blog =) hope you could follow back too =)
** elgee** said…
nice color collection girl... ruby woo looks good on you! pretty! :)

-Elgee
Ysh ♥ said…
Ukr. Thank you, Rae!
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Hazel! It's my summer lippie!
Ysh ♥ said…
Thanks for the suggestion!:)
Ysh ♥ said…
Thanks! I just followed you.
Unknown said…
All these shades of lip sticks are so lovely, i love the ruby woo it so hot on you.
kisses...
Life's a shoe said…
love all your lipsticks!
Ysh ♥ said…
I did not relaize that until I took a photo of them all. I even disposed some already. Lol. Thanks for dropping by!
Ysh ♥ said…
Aww. Thank you for thinking so, :)
** elgee** said…
New follower here :) hope you do the same.

Thanks! :)
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you for following! I followed you back. :)
Lauren said…
Awesome selection of lipsticks! I think I need to make my way over to Mac soon -- Ive never tried their lipstick, but that ruby woo colour is stunning! Need to try it! xo
KTs lifestyle said…
I'm also a fan of NYX and MAC. Thanks for visting my blog. I will add u on my lists. :)

<3,
KT KT's Lifestyle
Kate said…
really great colors, love the mac ones!
xx Kate

The Style Department
Unknown said…
oh yayy! i love that you did a beauty post Ish =D your lipstick collection is amazing, red looks sexy on you! :) and oh about the shimmer on your face when you use the flash, i think it's because Revlon PhotoReady gives a dewy finish and using a flash accentuates it more. I use that foundation as well, and self photos are better without a flash, maybe you can use natural lighting instead to get the matte look :)
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you so much, Kim! I love Ruby Woo! It makes everything looks more fab! :)
Ysh ♥ said…
I will check your blog and let you know. Thanks
Ysh ♥ said…
Hi! My. First lipsticks were from MAC. Theyre really good and smell really nice, too!
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you! Will follow you back.
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Kate!:)
Ysh ♥ said…
Yay! So glad you love it. Ive been wanting to post this for the longest time.

And yes, photos look better without flash. I guess I'll use my other powder if I 'll use flash photography.
Shugah Gonzales said…
wow so plenty! I only have around 6 lippies lol!
I heard good reviews about mac's ruby woo and im thinking if i shud buy them,.
Sharina said…
No no no, I did not see this. Nako! Yang Kinda Sexy has always been on my radar, but never got to purchasing it.
Looks good on you, Ish! :)
Unknown said…
Ang dami nga. Haha! :D Good for you, at least meron for every day of the week! I only own three since I'm quite an amateur when it comes to make-up. I'm looking for a nice pink shade though!

Abi
http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
twitter and instagram: @BelatedBloomer
Teng said…
You look so good in ruby. :-) wish i could handle such huge collection with out wasting them. I only have one lipstick,foundation, and each of other necessity that i even barely use. Need to gain more patients on makeups perhaps you could do a post on how girls like me could start :-)
TheTinyHeart said…
Wow, you have such a nice lipstick collection! Lipstick still scares me...I can never seem to find the right shade so I just stick to using gloss. :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
$50 PayPal Giveaway!
thefabulousgeek said…
I'll give Kinda Sexy a try, baka maging kinda sexy din ako :-P looks Good on you girl, especially the Ruby woo. Looks hot!

Followed you, hope you can follow me too sis. :-D
www.thefabulousgeek.blogspot.com
Ysh ♥ said…
Me naman, I did not realize that I actually have a lot already! lol And yes, MAC is always a safe and good buy! :) I'm no make up guru, but I'm sure of Mac! ;)
Jenn said…
I try to use lipsticks these days as much as I can because I have some I haven't used yet. I prefer lip tints because they are lighter and they don't bleed to my teeth! :)

Jenn
The Pink Lemonade Girl
Ar-Ar said…
I think I like kinsa sexy! ☺ I have a very full lips so I don't normally use red at all! feeling ko lalo siyang lumalaki! Hahaha
ANDYSTYLE said…
nice post,love matte lipsticks ;) kiss andy
Glam Mania said…
You look so lovely in both pink and red lips! THanks for stopping by, I'm following you now :) More pic of Thailand will be posted soon, hope you visit again <3

xoxo

glam-mania.blogspot.com
Janet said…
wow, you have a wide range of lipstick! the shades you have are all so pretty and wearable! ^_~ Although I am not so much of a lipstick person but I do wish I have the same lipstick collection as yours ^_~
Anonymous said…
you have a lot of lippies! oh and i like KINDA SEXY on you! is it peachy coral or light pink? ive been looking for the perfect coral lipstick for the longest time time :s

toni perfumed red shoes
Ysh ♥ said…
I know you'll buy it na din soon! You and your love affair with Mac Lippies!

Thank you, Shari!
Ysh ♥ said…
I'm really trying to use them all. Sayang naman!haha!
Ysh ♥ said…
Im no expert, but I'm really thinking of doing another blog post about makeup. Thanks for the suggestion!

Let's all learn together on how to be good in doing our own make ups hahaha!
Ysh ♥ said…
Go, girl! Thank you! For sure it'll lool good on you as well. I'll visit your blog. Thanks again. :)
Ysh ♥ said…
Hay nako Beks! You need to blog again!:))))
OMG!andami namn niyan sis!
I love watching Michelle Phan's videos too :))
So much color on your blog, I LOVE it! :) Just followed you on GFC. I hope you follow back so we can stay in touch xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!