Review: Astoria Current Boracay (My Favorite!)

The first time that I went to Boracay, I stayed in one of the hotels in Station 2. To be honest, I didn't really like how crowded Station 2 is even on lean season. Station 3, where Current by Astoria is located, might sound a bit far for some; but I reckon it is the best spot in Boracay! It's less crowded, bigger area to swim and nearer to the tents where activities  booths are!

So, about Current by Astoria. The first time I saw and came to this hotel was when we got lured by the offer of free buffet dinner at Astoria Boracay. lol. We were given buffet stubs and were told that there was no catch/fees/whantnots. So we went to have dinner in Astoria Boracay in Station 1 and little did we know, it was a marketing strategy. We were 'kind of' forced to go to Current By Astoria to listen to a loooooong presentation about Astoria Vacation & Leisure Club. (We eventually signed up and now members of AVLCI, separate post coming!)



When I first set foot in the hotel back in August 2015, I was so impressed! It was still their soft opening, the pool looks so beautiful, partly made of glass. The room that was shown to us look so vibrant. I told myself that I NEED to check in to this hotel at least once in my life. 
Finally, February 2017, I was finally able to check in with friends and my partner for the first time! Yes, it is on the pricier side but it's worth it. The staff are so warm and friendly, the hotel is always clean and you get to be just few steps away from the beach. 

One of my favorite things about staying in posh hotels like this is the breakfast. There were more choices of course, I was just too excited to take photos of it. Heehee. Buffet breakfast is, of course, included in their rates!

Because bacon is love! I love how tasty their bacon is!
 Panckaes and egg station!

We stayed in one of their standard rooms. I believe this was around P10,000 for 2D3N stay. 

This was our room when on our first time in Astoria Current back in February.

The shower room and toilet is spacious!

 I just didn't like that they do not have a separate bidet. Theirs s installed in the toilet bowl and the pressure isn't enough to my liking. lol

Now, this is the room that we stayed at just last week. We got this at a slightly cheaper price of P8,600+ for 3D2N stay.

Here's how the beach front entrance looks like. When you step in the entrance, you'll be greeted by the restaurant and the lovely pool!

It's best to swim in the morning since the water is a bit deeper. During early morning, there'll be quite a number of boats but it's not much of an issue. Still a lot and wider space to swim since we're at Station 3!

You can swim without having to worry about the stuff that you leave on your beach bed because it is being guarded by their security staff.

The second time is definitely not going to be the last time! We will definitely be staying here again. I suggest you should, too!

I encourage that you book ahead of time and book on their website for the best available rates. They respond quite fast on email inquiries as well.

Current By Astoria
Website: http://web.currentbyastoria-boracay.com/
Address: Sitio Mangayad, Brgy. Manoc Manoc, Station 3Boracay IslandMalayAklan
Phone Numbers+63-02-6871111 loc. 8024/8302/8110+63-02-3351111

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed