DIY Hair Rebonding : Hortaleza Professional Color & Rebond System

I cannot stress enough how much my unruly hair takes so much of my time and patience. I don't want to spend so much to get it done but I'm also so frustrated and I know I need to do something about it ASAP! Then I remembered, hey, I can get a hair transformation without having to spend so much! 

Let me share with you how I managed to get my hair rebonded for only P310.00!

The most that I have spent for my hair is almost P6,000 for a Keratin Hair Treatment at Azta Urban Salon few years ago. Although I was satisfied with how it turned out, I still felt so bad spending so much for my hair. Then one day, I believe it was 2-3 years ago, I stopped by HBC to look around and saw their Professional Color & Rebond System. I was not able to post an entry the first time I used it so I'm making sure this second one will be published!

Here's what you'll need:
♥Hortaleza Professional Color & Rebond System
♥Plastic container where you can mix the products
♥Gloves
♥Hair Clamps
♥Comb
♥Blower
♥Flat Iron
♥Patience
♥A helpful and equally patient partner/sister/friend (LOL)


Original price was P510.00 but I got it on sale; so I only paid P306.00
The box comes with a step by step instruction so you don't have to worry about how it gets done!

Blower, Hair Clamps & Flat Iron
The instruction said cold blower but I only have the regular hot hair blower. I just turned the AC and electric fan on to balance the heat coming from my blower. lol. As for the flat iron, we had a challenge reaching the tip of my hair because my iron is a bit rounded. 
My hair before the treatment.
Like what I have mentioned, the box has detailed instructions but I thought I should simplify it a bit by sharing how we did it.

PART 1:
1. Wash hair with (just) shampoo and dry it.
2. Part hair into sections for easier application.
3. Apply the rebonding cream equally and generously. You need to work fast to make sure that each part of the hair is going to turn out the same.
4. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes or more, depending on your hair type and condition. As for mine, I have colored hair so we checked it from time to time. I had the cream on for 40 minutes. You'll know it's time to wash it when it's stretchy when you pull some parts of the hair. 
5.Wash it thoroughly with luke warm water.  
6. Blowdry up until it's 90% dry
7. Iron hair. Should be paper thin or the thinnest that you can!
After applying booster and blow drying my hair.
To be honest, I was so scared after washing my hair. After washing it, it looked so bad, it shrunk big time and I thought I already damaged my hair. When we did it for for the first time few years ago, the effect after doing the first part was not as bad. But I guess it was because my hair is more damaged now compared to how it was before. 

It will really look worse after applying the booster cream but it'll get better after ironing the hair. Here's a closer look to my hair after blow drying. I was not able to take a photo after ironing it.

Part 2:
1. Mix the neutralizing cream, booster cream color cream in plastic container. Mix well.
2. Part Hair, Apply mixture generously and equally
3. Let it sit for 40 minutes - 1 hour. 
4. Wash thoroughly.
5. Blow Dry until 80% dry.
6. Trim / Cut hair according to your liking (optional)
7. Iron paper thin sections. 

The whole process took 7 hours. That's with meal break already. Told you, you need patience. :P

So this was after the whole process.
It looks vibrant here but I already know not to expect so much. I knew that the color will eventually fade after washing it. I think the strands of my hair is way too thick, regular/diy hair color does not work well on it.
See, the color faded! LOL. 
 I waited 2 full days before washing it. After doing so, it now has more volume and darker.
It looks healthier!



This is saving me 40-60 minutes of my prep time! Will I do it again? YES!!!! It was worth the time and effort. 

So that's how I (we) did my hair treatment for only P310.00

Comments

Pinkoolaid said…
oh wow! I love the results :) didn't know that you can diy this!
Valeria Nest said…
Great post!
I like your blog so much!
Following you from now :)
I will be very happy if you follow me back :)

valerianest.blogspot.com
Ysh Dee said…
Thank you, Valerie!
I will definitely do. :)
Ysh Dee said…
Thanks! It was worth the time and effort. Saves so much money. :D
Lynette said…
Loved the results - your hair looks amazing.

www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com
OneUniqueBlog said…
That is the most amazing transformation I've seen! Your hair looks lovely!

Sophie xx // One Unique
Ysh Dee said…
Thank you, Sophie! ♥
Ysh Dee said…
I know. I'm a happy girl! ♥ Thanks, Lynette!
Wow, impressive results. Your hair looks great in the last pics.

www.beautynerd.co.uk
Jenn Dalisay said…
Incredible! I used to rebond my hair because I have thick,unruly, and curly hair! I stopped because it has damaged my hair severely and I started to have tremendous hair fall. I do keratin treatment these days which is super expensive but my hair likes it. I want to try rebond again because though the keratin treatment did wonders to my hair, it only lasts for 2-3 months whereas rebond lasts for up to 5 or 6 months for me. Did you experience any hair fall or hair damage with this one?

Jenn
The Pink Lemonade Girl
YouTube
Bloglovin
Ysh Dee said…
Thank you, Georgina!
Ysh Dee said…
I normally get hair fall outs but I noticed that it has improved after rebonding my hair! :)
Anonymous said…
Excellent blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.

Would you propose starting with a free platform
like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally confused ..
Any suggestions? Kudos!
Anonymous said…
Hey there! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally got
the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out
from Austin Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep
up the fantastic work!
Anonymous said…
F*ckin' awesome things here. I'm very satisfied to peer your article.
Thank you so much and i'm having a look ahead to touch
you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?
Anonymous said…
Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a
lot of spam remarks? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything
you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help
is very much appreciated.
Anonymous said…
This is my first time visit at here and i am truly impressed to read
everthing at one place.
Anonymous said…
Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel this site needs far
more attention. I'll probably be returning to see more,
thanks for the information!

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed