I'm Back + San San HD Foundation & 2 way Cake

Hello, hello! The prodigal blogger is back! I really have no great excuse for disappearing, yet again, for the nth time! I was just not eager enough to find time and blog. One of the things that I did while I wasn't blogging was to eat everything I wanted. And that would explain the gain weight! Haha! I'm TRYING to lose weight but it's just soooo difficult to say no to yummy food! 

It is the holiday season already and there would be a lot of events. Aside from the #1 'I have nothing to wear.' problem, one of the hashtagGIRLPROBLEMS is how to make sure your to keep the face look decent all throughout the event! For oily people who happen to live in Manila like me, that is a REAL challenge. I've been researching and looking for the best and cheapest option there is and luckily, I feel like I already found the solution! This is kind of like a SanSan HD Liquid foundation Review, but not really, 'coz I don't really know how to write reviews. Lol.

HD LIQUID FOUNDATION
PRICE: P195.00
SanSan HD High Definition  Foundation (Beige)
Vitamins A, C & E with SPF30
Excellent coverage for skin imperfections.
Oil free liquid foundation

This HD liquid foundation comes in three shades. They have Natural, Beige & Olive. What I bought was the Beige one. There was no tester when I was choosing which shade to buy. Haha! The staff said these are new and they weren't given the go signal to display testers just yet. Luckily, beige seem to work on my skin. I love the coverage it gave my skin. I didn't have any problem when I was applying it on my face.

HD 2 WAY CAKE
PRICE: P170.00
SanSan HD High Definition 2 Way Cake (Olive)
Vitamins A, C & E with SPF30
Excellent coverage for skin imperfections.
Provides smooth matte & full coverage finish.

I must admit, my reason why I was drawn to these two products was their packaging. I'm a sucker for pretty packing! I hate to admit it, but one of the reasons why I don't try local products is because of the tacky packaging! HAHA! And also, I was not really convinced that locally made beauty products are good. I know, I know. I was such a snub! LOL. It all changed when I started reading about the ever famous Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks. Ever since then, I started exploring and using local make up! I love how affordable they are and they are pretty good as well!

PHOTO TAKEN WITH FLASH

I only did one layer of the liquid foundation and dry sponge for the powder.  My face look a little bit too white here because of the flash settings, but I really like how it looks on me! Haha! Of course, you can still see my skin imperfections so I think I'll do 2 layers + wet sponge on the night of the event. We'll see. I will continue to experiment in the coming days.

PHOTO TAKEN WITHOUT FLASH

It looks so much better without flash, right? I was too lazy to adjust the settings because I had some other things to do. (Oh, gosh, why am I so lazy!) These two were my first purchase from San-San and will definitely not be the last. I will; buy the HD Concealer next time! I can't believe that I paid less than P400.00 (more or less 9USD) for these two! These are really good steal for the price that I paid!

After more than three hours, no touch ups and oil blotting paper, my face is just a little bit shiny on the T-Zone area! Really impressive! YAY! So here are my overall thoughts about SanSan's newest products:


  • I love the PACKAGING! The packaging looks so chic! 
  • Really AFFORDABLE. I got these two for less than P400.00. If I bought from international drugstore brands, it would have cost me more than More or less P1,500.00
  • The staying power exceeded my expectation!
  • I would definitely explore the local make up products even more!


Comments

Rae said…
Wow, they have really improved on their packaging.
Nhi said…
lol i love pretty packagings too!! can't help!!:)
btw. your blog looks so pretty & colorful, love it:)

lots of love xx
Unknown said…
Hey Ish! I'm so glad your blogging again, I missed your posts! :) I hope you had an amazing Christmas and wonderful New Year celebration. Happy 2014! :) Oh wow, the new San San packaging is very impressive, it's so much better than before and looks very elegant! The foundation looks great, I really want to try it. =D

Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed