REVIEW: Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

One of my biggest frustrations is my skin. I have a bad skin. Lol. I mean, I have oily skin, my skin is prone to pimples, I am acidic and to top it all, I have big pores! And yes, I am living in a tropical country with nasty pollution and unbearable heat, so ugh. You can just imagine how I always struggle to keep a decent face on. LOL.

I have heard/ read about Benefit Porefessional but I am not willing to shell out 1K+ for small tube. I've been on the look for a pore minimizer/eraser and I am so happy that Maybelline has one now! 

WHAT IT CLAIMS:
♥ Poreless smooth skin
♥ Lightweight & breathable
♥ Instantly erase pores, imperfections, lines and creases
♥ Skin is shine free, even and baby smooth

WHAT I THINK ABOUT IT:
♥ PACKAGING - I love, love the packaging! I love that it's in a tube and easily squeezable! The translucent gel comes out easily and you can really control the amount that comes out of the tube. Plus, it's pink and green, so just the packaging alone is a good enough reason for me to buy it! Lol.

♥ PRICE - This is just for 299PHP. Very affordable. So worth it! I've been using it for more or less a month  now and I can still feel that it has a lot inside! 

♥ EXPECTATION/REALITY - One thing that I learned in life (haha!) is to never expect too much from anything or anyone! So when I saw this, I was like, Oh that's cool and the packaging is pretty. Why don't I go ahead and try this? But yeees, I am not gonna expecting anything. I wasn't expecting too much but I was hoping that it will deliver what it claims to do. And guess what, it did! I am so happy I bought this product.

♥ CONCERNS/DISAPPOINTMENT - Well, there's one thing. It didn't keep my face shine free all day! HAHA. I actually was not surprised at all, because like what I have mentioned, I have  a terribly oily skin and Manila can be unbearably hot! So there. 

♥ OVERALL THOUGHTS - Of course, this does not magically erase pores, but it minimizes the appearance of my HUGE pores! I love it to bits and I am so thankful that we have it here in the Philippines! 

♥ REPURCHASE?- Heck yeah!  

♥ RATING - 9/10


Anyway, here's a photo so you'll have an idea. I wanted to take a photo with just the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, but I am not too comfortable with my bare skin up close - ulk. HAHA So here. You can see on the  left photo that I have very visible pores, even liquid foundation and setting powder. Like what I have said, it did not magically erased the pores and imperfections, but I can definitely see the improvement when I have it on.  :)


P.S.
This is my first ever review. Please let me know what you think. I don't know if I did it right. Heehee! Thanks, everyone!

Comments

runbarbierun said…
I like this din! But I thiiiink this is the cause of my breakout. :(

xo runbarbierun
Janet said…
I've tried this and so far loving it~ ^_~
Ysh ♥ said…
Aww. That's too bad. :/ Pero it really did deliver its purpose sakin. HAHA
Unknown said…
I'm a fan of this pore eraser.. I really love it . It works to me as well :)
Aya said…
Great review! :D

Same thoughts! I have oily skin too, and this product doesn't keep my face totally oil-free. BUT I like how it blurs my large pores. Actually I like the pore-blurring power nito better than Porefessional's. The latter has too little coverage for me but I love the silky, powder finish it gives! This Maybelline one has more of a gel texture kasi.
Ysh ♥ said…
Yay! I know I'm not the only! ;)
Ysh ♥ said…
Such a steal for only 299! Thanks for dropping by!
KTs lifestyle said…
I was gonna buy the pore minimizer of Benefit but then I saw that Faceshop has it for a cheaper price, so I grabbed it. I'm happy I read this post because I'm a Maybeline fan and I didn't know that they have it until now. Thanks 4 posting this! :)

KT http://ktlifestyle.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Wow, sounds like a very good product for acne relieve, although have not heard of this product. I see before and after picture, looks like it really does it's job.
Ysh ♥ said…
Really, wow! Just the fact that someone thinks this has better blurring effect than Porefessional is a,azng! Way to go, Maybelline!
Ysh ♥ said…
I actually miss The Face Shop! The last item I bought there was a an eyeliner! :)

Thanks for visiting!:)
Ysh ♥ said…
Yes it does! I am so happy that I bought this product. Hope it becomes available at where you are, too. :)
Sabrina said…
I like the idea of a pore eraser, but yeah, my expectations aren't too great for it either. Especially because I have oily skin too. It's impossible to find things that work with our skin type!

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Anonymous said…
Anyone want to send me one or even two because we don't have these in the states and I will send you something we only have here this will be much appreciated
Anonymous said…
da product u bought is over-priced.. :) bought some in a watson store too, but it only costs 187 pesos.
Ysh ♥ said…
I know, I've been trying to find products which will at least lessen the oily appearance of my skin hours after putting on make up. I still havent found any!But hey, I love this pore eraser! :)
Ysh ♥ said…
Aww. I hope it becomes available in your country too! It's a great product!
Ysh ♥ said…
Really? Maybe it was on sale when you bought it! Last time I checked, it was still priced 299. :)
Unknown said…
I should try this! Thanks! :)
Anonymous said…
it doesn't cause you to break out eh?
Anonymous said…
Incredible points. Solid arguments. Keep up the good effort.


Review my homepage renuvaderm review

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed