The Neutrals & Nudes (MAC Siss, Yash, Mocha, Taupe)

I took these photos of the lipsticks months ago, but apparently, I would always end up not posting it. Here I am again, drafting an entry but unlike last time, this is not going to be a failed attempt! So let's start!

Lipsticks are my favorite make up! It's the easiest to apply, the most convenient to bring and that make up that can easily give you a transformation from daytime to night time look! My make up kit which I bring to work everyday has a lot of lipsticks in it. I do not even know why I carry a lot of lipstick with me always, but that's how girls are! We bring all the make ups that we can (or is it just me?)!

These are four of the liptsicks that I tend to carry with me everyday. Well, I do not change lipstick every 3 hours, but I like bringing them because I love mixing them lippies! :D






MAC Siss. 
Finish: Satin



I have never worn Siss on its own. I attempted once but I think I looked dead!  I had to today for blogging purposes. LOL It just does not look good on me. I am a matte girl and since this one has a satin finish, it makes me even more uncomfortable wearing it. I hate how pretty it looked when I swatched it on my arms! I wish it could translate to my lips. Ugh.

But anyway, although I hate it on my lips alone, I love mixing at matching it with other colors. I normally mix it with Ruby Woo and other red shades if I want a coral-y lip! But hey, this photo with Siss on my lips actually looks decent, yeah?

MAC Yash
Finish: Matte



There are times when I actually like Yash but most of the times, it just really does not look good on me. I guess it depends on my eye make up. I'm not really big into eye make up and I feel like Yash and Siss will only look good if worn with a pretty smoky eye make up!

MAC Mocha
Finish: Satin





Although this looks pretty in photos and I could really use some moisture on my lips, I am really not a big fan of satin finish. When I use this, I would blot-reapply-blot-reapply and finally blog again. I get the pretty color in matte and it stays longer that way!


MAC Taupe
Finish: Matte


This is my favorite among these four! One of my go to everyday lipstick, especially if I accidentally make my eyeliner too dramatic and thick. It is very wearable. There are times when I would wear this for one whole working week.


Comments

Jenn said…
Agree! Taupe looks the best on you. But I think the other three colors look really good as well though not as good as taupe. Me, even though I like matte lipsticks, they are too drying and sometimes I end up with chapped lips! I lip balm before the matte lipstick but it makes my lips shiny defeating the purpose of applying matte lipstick.

Jenn
The Pink Lemonade Girl
Dresslink
Really loving Taupe and Yash. Taupe looks just stunning on you!

xx
Unknown said…
Happy New Year, Ish! Wish you all the best for 2016 :) Gorgeous natural shades, they really suit you. I've been loving natural shades over bold lip colors like I used to.

-- new blogpost in my blog :)
Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK
Ysh ♥ said…
It's really my go to everyday lipstick! Thanks, Jen!
Ysh ♥ said…
Happy NEw Year to you, too Chrissylove! :*
Lipsticks are my favorite too Ish! I do agree Taupe looks best on you!

love lots,
Tin

mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com
Ysh ♥ said…
Yay, thanks, Tin! Xx
Ysh ♥ said…
Yay, thanks, Tin! Xx

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed