Review: Detail Makeover Matte In Lipstick


Whenever I pass by the mall's beauty section, I couldn't help but swatch lipsticks. While I was on my usual swatch fest, I noticed that Detail Make Over's Matte In Lipsticks were on sale. Buy 1 Take 1 for P225. Who was I to say no to that? 
The packaging looks pretty slick. 
I decided to get Fhaye and Rhea. The beauty assistant was wearing Fhaye and it looked good on her! 
When I swatched it at the mall, I waited for it to set and then I tried smudging it. When it did not smudge, I decided to give it a go. The color payoff is impressive, it's on sale and it didn't smudge!


So this is how Detail Matte In Fhaye looks like; one application. As you can see, color pay off is impressive. It's pretty pigmented. It isn't tacky and felt lightweight.

I decided to put on another layer and it was not a good idea! It accentuated my dry chapped lips and it felt really heavy!

Detail Make Over Matte In - Rhea



So final thoughts? 

PROS:
♥ Packaging is good. I like how sleek it is. It's pretty good for its price!
♥ It does not feel tacky if you only apply it once. One layer is enough, believe me.
♥ It is pigmented! I am impressed with the color payoff, one dip is enough. 
♥ It is affordable! 
♥ It is smudge proof. 

CONS:
♥ It isn't buildable. I tried going for two layers and it accentuated my chapped lips and it felt really heavy on the lips!
♥ There's not much product in it!
♥ If you do not moisturize, it can dry up your lips. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Lips Are Sealed

My First Ever Giveaway! (CLOSED!!!)