Infallable Pro Matte Gloss Review (Bare Attraction)

I love L'Oreal's Infallable Make Up Line, so even if I am no longer into glossy lippies, I decided to buy and try one the Pro Matte Glosses that the brand has. There was no change of heart, I am still and I think forever will be a matte lipstick kind of girl!

L'Oreal Matte Gloss. More than my love for he Infallable line, what drew me to this product and what made me really curious is the name. I mean, how can a gloss lipstick be matte? My original plan was just to swatch it when I happen to drop by a beauty store, but when I did, the beauty consultant said it was on sale, P100.00 ($2.50) off so am I to say no, right? It retails for P400.00, got it for P300.00
  

Since most of the brands were on sale on that specific weekend, there were only three shades available. I tried to convince myself to try a darker shade, but I just fell inlove with this brownish-coralish one! My type of MLBB shade, actually. 
Pro Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction
Shade 318 - Bare Attraction


Here it is compared to my all time favorite MAC Lipsticks. Kindy Sexy has Matte fiish while Mocha is Satin. 

To be honest, I was not expecting to really like this product but I was also hopeful that it at least wouldn't be so much of  a disappointment. 


So this is how it looks like on me. 
As expected, it did not set matte. I took the photo above approximately 30 minutes after application. Despite having a velvety / satin finish, I actually liked it more than I was expecting to. The color pay off is very pretty. Since it isn't matte, transfer is expected. 

4 hours after application

I had 2 cups of coffee, ate chocolate digestive cookies and here how it looks 4 hours after. It still looks beautiful from afar as you can see; up close though, it's a different story. I wasn't disappointed since I was already expecting it. It is downside, yes, but c'mon. The name of the lipstick is Pro Matte Gloss, so anyone who bought this should already know what they're getting!

So will I re-purchase this? I'm open to getting a darker shade! I kind of like it, tbh. This might be the start of me trying out lipglasses again. 


I do not know how to do a proper review, so let me do it by rating the things I consider whenever I buy a lipstick!

Packaging: 5/5 
Price: 4/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Longevity: 3.5/5
Overall Rating: 4.6


I'm going to get better in doing reviews, but for now, this will do! For the mean time, let me know what you prefer? Do you prefer a lipstick with a bit of sheen or do you prefer the matte ones?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Lips Are Sealed

My First Ever Giveaway! (CLOSED!!!)