2011!

Happy New Year, you guys! I'm still itching to blog about something because I'm so pissed, but I do not want to post something negative for my first entry in 2011! I'll save it for my next entry. So yeah, I'll just (photo) blog about my New Year in Mindoro!

So apparently, I celebrated New Year in Mindoro. We didn't celebrate it at our own house tho, our house is in Victoria. We were at my Lolo's house in Calapan. My Lolo's place is a really great place if you just want to break away from the busy city life! The surrounding is just so green, you can hear the insects at night, you can hear the birds chirping and you can feel the fresh and cold air! I seriously didn't want to leave Mindoro yet, but I had to. :( So here, photos!

Photobucket
That's my sister, Krizza! Can you see how green the place is? Front, back, left, right. All green. All trees!
Photobucket
Here are the foods! This New Year is extra special because it was the first time that we cooked/prepared the foods! Haha! When we celebrate New Years at our house, we usually just order ready to eat foods. When we celebrate New Year here in Manila, my Titas are the ones who do all the cooking! Since we don't know what else and how to cook, we just prepared spaghetti, lumpia, gelatin, refrigerated cake, fruit salad, ice cream, marshmallow and potato balls (not in the picture).
Photobucket
Here's a photo of me and the sibs with Lolo. It was also his birthday, btw! :) He's so happy that he was able to celebrate his birthday and NY with us after such a long time! He celebrates his birthday in Canada ever since he migrated there, this is the first after years and years!
Photobucket
Krizza, Lolo, Kiara and Me. Kennon hates taking photos! LOL.
Photobucket
Here's the spaghetti we cooked! I'm so proud because it was good! LOL. First time!! :))))

So that's how we celebrated New Year's Eve. HAPPY NEW YEAR, again!


Comments

Alex said…
Aaahh. Why do our brothers hate photos?!? Hahaha!

Nako ang saya nga pag nasa bahay ng lolo/lolas ibang iba kasi. Pero syempre kung probinsya. Sobrang nakakarelax. =)

Happy New Year ate!
Melai said…
Hi ishna!! thank you soo much for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment. :) I really appreciate that! I'm happy that your new year was fun. I've never been to Mindoro, well, one day :) Love the food and looks like you and your family had a blast :) Drop by ulit ah!

hearts,
Melai of Style and Soul
A N A G O N said…
Love the photos! :) Parang ang lamiiig lamiiig dyan! :) Happy new year to you and your beautiful family :))
Ar-Ar Malalis said…
Happy New Year! :) IMY!
AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said…
wow! new year in mindoro is something :) at least something different from the city :) yummy food! Happy new year!
Hazel said…
i love how your sibs are all named starting with a letter k! and i suppose your real name starts with a k too :) and wow the photos made me hungry! good thing we have spag for dinner awhile ago hehe :D HBD to your lolo! :)
Ysh ♥ said…
Alex - IKR?? What is so wrong with taking photos? Brothers. Why are you all like that? WHY? lol


Melai - NP! :) You should visit Mindoro some time, specifically i Puerto Galera. And sure, I'll drop by your blog again! :) THANKS!


Anagon - Korek, korek! Ang lamig talaga dun! No need to turn the AC on! Electric fan pa lang, lamig na!
Ysh ♥ said…
AR - Happy New Year, too! I miss you, too! We need to catch up soon!

Ava - Thank you! And yes, it's really different. It wasn't so noisy at my Lolo's place, but its fun nonetheless!

Hazel - Yes. My real name starts with K, too! :)
WANDER SHUGAH said…
that spaghetti looks so delicious! and hey this post made me miss my grumps :((
Ysh ♥ said…
TF - It's really delicious (haha, kami nagluto e. :P) Aww. Where ever your Lolo may be, I'm sure he misses you too!
kim said…
that was an AWESOME background, very green. reminds me of my own province in Nueva Ecija. By the way, Happy New Year!
Ysh ♥ said…
Happy New Year to you, too Kim!
Sharina said…
Wow, that's a lot of food! :) Definitely feeling the celebration vibes! Also, Mindoro is so nice! I wish to visit again sometime soon. Your place especially looks so calm,. serene and peaceful.

Happy new year! Hope you veer off negative vibes and just have positive ones to start with! <3
Neekul said…
hi there! i am a blogger from cebu. i have a blog giveaway i am inviting you to join. :D i want to get to know other bloggers, i hope you'll invite your friends as well. thanks!

http://neekul.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-want-that-beanie-neekuls-blog.html
Ysh ♥ said…
Sharina - That is so true! Mindoro is such a great place to live in! Well, except for the fact that there's no decent place to shop. lmao. Thanks! Happy New Year!

Neekul - Sure, sure. I'll try to join! Thanks for dropping by!
krykie said…
ishnaaaa, can i have spaghetti? :))
haha! ^.^ congrats! Ü

im planning to cook for my mom's birthday too.
kaso im quite hesitant haha!
kase de talaga ako marunong magluto. >.<

haha pero gusto ko gumawa ng carbonara & onion rings sa monday! :D birthday na kase nya yun!

natuwa ako dun sa house ng lolo mo. aaay. ang daming puno. ang sarap tumambay sa ganun lugar eeh! ;)
malaig at presko di ba. Ü
Ysh ♥ said…
Nako. Ubos na, Krykie. Ang sarap kase e. Hahahaha!!! Ako din naman, first time ko makagluto na pwede na sa 'masarap category'. Puahahah!!

Happy birthday sa Mom mo. Luto ka na din! Kaya mo yun, ako nga nakaya ko e hahah!!

And yessss. Nakakatuwa talaga sa bahay ni lolo ko. :) Super lapit sa nature!

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed