Toursit-y Sunday

My favorite place in Manila is Intramuros. Whenever I feel like I am so tired of all the pollution, all the traffic and all the noise that the city has, Intramuros and/or Luneta are the places that would come in my mind to to visit. But personally, I like Intramuros more. There's something about the place which makes me want to go back there every single chance I got. The place screams vintage and history! It is perfect for photo op, for relaxation or for plain sight seeing. Although I have been to Intramuros for a lot of times already, I know there is still a lot to see and a whole lot more to learn.

Today (technically yesterday because it's past midnight already, lol), me and my (not so) little sister went to Intramuros again. Last week was the first time that my sister stepped foot in Intramuros. Haha. Yeah, it's ironic that we live near the area but it was just last week when she first saw, smell and felt what Intramuros is like! Kiara fell in love with the place and she wanted to take a mini walk tour last week, but we were there just in time for the 6PM mass, so we were not able to do what she wanted. I promised to take here there today and so we did. We left our house before 4PM, we ate at McDonald's first before our mini walk tour.
Manila Bulletin Building
Of course the first notable building that we passed by after eating at McDonalds - LPU is one of the country's major broadsheets' building -- Manila Bulletin. I just learned today that the location of the Manila Bulletin building used to be San Nicolas de Tolentino Church.

Intramuros Police Station
  Yes, that right there is a police station! Don't you think this is the cutest police station on earth? HAHA! Seriosuly tho, this police station doesn't give that usual police station vibe, ifyaknowwhatimean.

Still at the Police Station
I love playing tourist whenever I'm in Intramuros. I always take photos, I take photos of places and stuff which I previously shot already. Taking photos of the places/ruins makes me feel like a real tourist. HAHA.
Department of Labor and Employment
This building looks really old. There are buildings which look like old but has that vintage-y feel, but this one has that old-almost-gonna-fall-apart feel. Lol. But I saw that they're renovating, so good for the building and people who work there! ;))

Puerta Real Gardens
Still at Puerta Real Gardens in Fort Santiago Compound
The green grass made me want to go on picnic! You can't blame me if I keep on going back to Intramuros. Just look at this garden! Yes, it's not as grand as other gardens, but it makes me forget that outside the compound is the Manila we all know. Traffic. Noise. Pollution.
Kiara and random lovers in the background.
So here's the thing, one thing that I don't like seeing in Intramuros and Luneta are those lovers who show too much affection! The lovers in the background were not too much. Haha. If you two happen to come across my blog, I swear I am not referring to you! :P

Kiara Baby!
Kiara is still not feeling so well up until this very moment. She got sick last Saturday. I told her that we could just postpone going to Intramuros but she insisted to hear the mass at San Agustin Church. Since she's sickly, I couldn't ask her to take lots and lots of pictures of me! HAHAHA! And also, we were not able to look around the other parts of Intramuros. Next time! At 5:30, we decided to head to San Agustin Church for the mass.
Saint Pedro Calungsod
Today's (yesterday's) Sunday mass was extra special because t'was the same day that Saint Pedro Calungsod was canonized! We have two Filipino Saints already! I feel kind of guilty that it was just recently that I heard of Saint Pedro Calungsod.
Of course, the beautiful San Agustin Church
After the mass, we decided to go to SM Manila for dinner. I wanted to eat at Kangaroo Jack but Kiara wanted to eat at The Old Spaghetti House. She's not feeling well, so she won! ;))

Carbonara Wrap
Cynthia's Scottish Meatballs
 Kiara said she wasn't really hungry so she just ordered the Carbonara Wrap! I told her that we could share my pasta if she wants, I wasn't too hungry as well. She needed to take mer meds, too so of course, duh, she has to eat noh!

Me and Kiara -- The Old Spaghetti House, SM Manila

Jumpsuit: Thrifted || Bag: Aldo || Sandals: Artwork || Shades: i2i
Candy Bracelet: Gift from Mother || Watch: Guess || Charm Bracelet: Papemelroti
Don't you just love my thrifted jumpsuit? I DO! So pretty! HAHA

And of course I put something on before entering the church, you guys! Haha! Cardigan: Forever21
So that's how my Sunday went. I swear I still have a lot of photos to share, but again, I chose not to. HAHA. Too much photos already, methinks.

I still want to sign up for Carlos Celdran's If These Walls Could Talk Tour in Intramuros! It is still different to tour Intramuros with a tourist guide who knows the important facts about the historic place.

Comments

Sophielou said…
what beautiful pictures!! xxx
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Sophie!
Arianne said…
I've been here once or maybe twice.. hahaha. it's been so long! please take me there, ish! :D love the photos!! :D
glentot said…
I like trying out new things and I like Carlos Celdran so I just might sign up...
Teng said…
love the place - look so relaxing :)

-xoxo-
senyoritalakwachera.com
Ysh ♥ said…
It is! Thanks, Christeen!
Ysh ♥ said…
Go! :D And then blog about it. :))
Ysh ♥ said…
Lezzgo sign up for the tour! HAHA! Thanks!
KISTY.NET said…
I love your outfit! :)
Also, I've never been to Intramuros before... LIKE AS IN! :(
But this post makes me want to go there when I go back to Manila.

Kisty
http://kisty.net
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you, Kist! And yeah, you should visit Intramuros next time you're in Manila!:)
hazel said…
ang ganda ng intramuros!!! nag photoshoot kami dyan one time, ang ganda kasi ang background! :)

get well sa iyong sister :)
Chyrel Gomez said…
Hope your sister is doing okay na.

Also, I love Intramuros! Been there like two years ago. When I watched Paramore and I love that place, too. So old school!
Ysh ♥ said…
Yeeeees!!! Super ganda talaga, Hazel! Hindi nakakasawa!
Ysh ♥ said…
Thanks! Sister is doing good na. :)

Meream said…
I love Intramuros, too. I have never really explored the place but there's always a random Manila trip to take care of that haha
i love Intramuros, too. I always visit that place on weekends especially when we go for photoshoot!

Anyway, I followed your blog, hope you can follow back, too!
Thanks!

It’s a GIRL Thing

xoxo_grah said…
Thanks for the tour...I have not been there..:( cute police post...I would love to go there someday too...:)


xx!
Ysh ♥ said…
I'm sure you'll love what you'll see when you explore the place!
Ysh ♥ said…
You'll love it there, for sure!
Glenn said…
hi, I find you beautifule here. :P
hehehe
keep on shooting many beautiful places.
regards,
glenn

http://www.glennvon.com/2012/10/portrait-photography-tips-use-sky-as.html
Anonymous said…
I think the last time I went here, I was just elementary. Shame on me of residing at U-belt for my entire college life without even visiting the place. Hmmmm thinking of bringing boyfie here. Date mode. Not PDA mode, okay? Hahaha. I love this post Ishna, you made your readers feel you were a tourist. From outfit to touring us! :)

HUGS!

~ Sweetstrings

Ysh ♥ said…
Thanks, Krizzia! I'll looking forward to your blog about your Intramuros visit with your boyfriend. Go visit na! Haha!

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed