Greener than green

I have so many photos from my short vacation in Mindoro! It took me a while to decide which photos to post here on my blog. I swear I wanted to post all the photos here. Lol. So anyway, since most of us stay in the crowded city, I guess you will enjoy looking at the photos I'm about to share. :)

My Lolo's place is called Patas. It's actually part of Calapan, the city and the capital of Oriental Mindoro. It's one of those barrios far from civilization (lol) and I love the place for that very reason! The life there is very simple. Almost all of the people in the barangay are our relatives. I remember not having to worry where to eat at lunch even though I was far from Lolo's house because every house is actually a relative's! I remember sleeping over at my cousins' house. Sleepover hopping! We used to do that.

The best times I spent at Lolo's were during harvest season and summer season. During the harvest season (August-October), rambutan and lanzones are all over Lolo's place. The trees are so pretty to look at! During the summer season, there's basketball league which we enjoyed watching! I got to know a lot of people because of watching basketball games. I loved eating balut, mami, isaw, halo-halo and other foods before, during and after every games! I miss those times. :( So anyway, here are some of the photos of the place!

DSC00399
▲ The narrow road. ▲
DSC00568
▲ My Lolo is so cute! He asked me to go visit the fishpond with him because he wanted to take photos of the newly built wall! Whenever he spends time here in the Philippines, he always make sure to get something done. Whether it's a new cage for the chickens, wall for the fishpond, shelter for the dogs. Everything! He enjoys doing these things. ▲
DSC00577
▲ I love looking at these coconut trees and the clear sky, of course! ▲
DSC00443
▲Lolo has everything. He has fish, chicken, rambutan, lanzones, coconut, dalandan, calamansi and recently, rice! Hahaha!! He's always scolded by my Titas because he still keeps on cutting grasses and doing heavy work. He's too industrious! ▲
DSC00438
▲ That's me after taking photos of the things/places my Lolo asked me to take photos of. ▲
DSC00403
▲ Since I already started taking photos, I decided to take some more and went to the river. Lakad lakad lang. lol ▲
DSC00592
▲ I saw this carabao and of course I didn't miss the chance for a photo op! Lol This is near the river na.▲
DSC00596
▲ Can you see the river now? We used to swim and play there! Too bad it isn't as clean as it was before. :( ▲
DSC00611
▲ HELLO SUNSHINE! ▲
DSC00621
▲ Don't you just love how green the place is? ▲
DSC00643
▲ And this is what I got for sitting on the grass! Hahah! ▲

So there. I hope you enjoyed looking at the photos! :) I'm missing feeling so close to the nature already. :( Can't wait to spend time in Mindoro again!



P.S.
I want to thank my cute little tripod which was bought at Daiso Japanese Store. There would have been no photos like these if it weren't for you. LOL.

Comments

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said…
Feels like I've been to your lolo's place because of all the wonderful photos you showed. :) Breath taking! I love your flats too!
Ar-Ar Malalis said…
ang pinaka gusto kong picture? ung maruming pwet! Hahaha
Ysh ♥ said…
AVA: Thank you! I really love it there! :-)

Ar: Ang cute ng maduming pwet ko no? :)))
love your photos! i'd love to live in a place like that. it's beautiful! :)

join my STiLa giveaway!
http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com
Ysh ♥ said…
Thank you! :) And sure, I will join your giveaway!
rjs mama said…
have never been to mindoro, but this summer break we're planning to go to puerto galera =)

hoping you can follow and link up if you haven't yet =)
online journal
my soltero baby
Ysh ♥ said…
Have fun in Puerto Galera! :)
Chyng said…
I agree, your lolo is cute and cool! Hehe Now I missed my lolo too. He died few years ago..
Ysh ♥ said…
Aww. I'm sure you miss him so much.
Hazel said…
Ahh yan pala yung polka dots shorts mo! Ang cuuute! And wow your lolo is hardworking ha! I never experienced having any grandparents :(

I super love the photo with the coconut trees and blue sky in it!!
Dakilang Tambay said…
sarap sa probinsya! :)
Ysh ♥ said…
Hazel: Yeep. That's the short I was telling you. Heehee/ And es, Lolo is still hardworking.


Mia: Yes, sobrang sarap!
krykie said…
ishnaaaaaa, love the river!

ang ganda ng province nyo!
:D fresh air!
So beautiful. You're adorable! x hivennn
Ysh ♥ said…
Kyrk - Yeeees. Sayang nga lang hindi na sya kasing ganda at linaw ng dati. Pero fresh air pa din!

Jazzy - Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Matters

Oh, December!

Lips Are Sealed